address: Ljubo Bozinovski 82 - 1200 Tetovo
telephone/fax: 044 340 677;
The Community Development Institute is a non-governmental, and non-profit organization that works on improving the interethnic understanding and tolerance, strengthening the capacities of the organizations and individuals, as well as on improving the living conditions and standard of life of the citizens.
The CDI’s experience is based on 15 years work within the community, addressing citizens’ problems and needs and helping in overcoming challenges.
The most significant results that CDI accomplished so far:
- Establishment of UNESCO club– Tetovo. Promoting UNESCO values in the ethnic mixed municipalities in the Republic of Macedonia
- Implementation of the program: “Kosovo – the final status in the eyes of the ethnic-majority on local level in Tetovo region” and production of a documentary movie
- Implementation of the capacity building program for committees for inter-community relations covering 23 municipalities in Macedonia in collaboration with OSCE
- Establishment of “Balkan Caucasus” network, organizing study visit and exchange with Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan and production of a documentary movie: “Balkan- Caucasus”
- Establishment of “NGO forum” by decision of the Mayor of municipality of Tetovo, consisting of experienced NGO members from Tetovo, that will improve the cooperation between the municipality and the NGOs (2004-2006)
- Establishment of resource and information center about services in the community during the military activities in Tetovo and distribution of information without ethnic prejudices
- Establishment of NGO resource and training center for groups of citizens with an opportunity to use logistic (space, communication), technical, (audio-video equipment, computer cabinet, equipment for simultaneous translation, etc.) and counseling services (consultations and information)
- Improvement of interethnic situation in Tetovo in specific moments through organizing a series of activities that provided work space with the young people from different ethnic background
- Decreasing the unemployment rate through implementation of programs for self-employment
- Implementing income-generating programs in order to achieve self-sustainability
- Participation and regional coordination within the NGO network established in order to monitor the disarmament process in Tetovo and Gostivar region
- Direct mediation in employment of 30 young people
During the past period, CDI profiled itself as an organization that has capacities, knowledge, experience, and expertise for mobilization of local human and technical resources and that succeeded in establishing local partnership between different structures in the community towards solving problems and satisfying needs of the citizens.
|< Prev||Next >|
Last Updated on Thursday, 26 January 2012 15:05