The Coalition of youth organizations SEGA announces call for participation in advanced international training for intercultural learning. EmPower is qualitative training programme for development cooperation in the fields of education and intercultural issues for young adults between 22 and 28 years from the countries where the Pestalozzi Children’s Foundation supports projects in the field of education which are implemented by the partner organizations. One of the Macedonian partners of the Pestalozzi Foundation is the Coalition of youth organizations SEGA.
The training programme is combination of 18 months study course, including preparation and knowledge transfer, and the 9-months intercultural living together with about 20 students from all over the world. The training course will be implemented in the period of March to November 2013 in the Pestalozzi children’s village Trogen in Switzerland.
Significant for the applicants is the fact that the overall programme will encompass wide thematic sessions such as:
- Training for Trainers (ToT) for intercultural pedagogue
- Intercultural communication, pedagogical approaches
- Introduction in the political situation in Switzerland and visit of important institutions and organizations
- Child rights
- Creative conflict resolution
- Internship in Swiss organization
- Education for democratic citizenship
- Gender, childhood and culture
- International development cooperation
- Project Cycle Management
- Religion – intercultural education
- Teaching methods
- Marketing etc.
Selection criteria for students:
- Age between 22 – 28
- Excellent knowledge in English (communication, writing)
- Graduation diploma
- Interest in the fields of social and intercultural dialogue
- Good social skills, to be open to live and to work together with people from different cultures, to be ready to critically reflect their own culture, to be personally mature and responsible
- Acceptance of the code of conduct
The Pestalozzi Children’s Foundation covers the cost referring to training, accommodation, food, health and travel insurance in Switzerland, allowance, and transport costs.
All preselected applicants will be invited to attend interview on the beginning of July 2012, by representative of Pestalozzi Children’s Foundation.
|< Prev||Next >|
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 11:10